It's time for the 2016 Hike for Mike Fundraiser!
This year, The Friends of Mike Farrell are again asking for your generous support. The next project on tap is to build dugouts for our players and coaches! In our continued effort to make Farrell Field the premiere baseball diamond in Western Massachusetts, the dugouts will be 40 feet long, built of split face brick, and have electricity. (A little history note: the Falcon Dugout Project for the Varsity Baseball Field at Minnechaug Regional High School in 2004, was spearheaded by Mike Farrell, along with the fathers’ of the school’s team, and local businesses.)
The Friends of Mike Farrell invite you to celebrate his life and memory. You can help perpetuate Mike’s legacy by contributing to our 8th Annual Hike for Mike Fundraiser. Our Mission depends on your participation in order for us to continue our goals to:
- Award the Michael J. Farrell Memorial Baseball Scholarship to a Minnechaug Regional High School senior varsity baseball player.
- Sponsor team shirts for the Rec. Department baseball leagues.
- Assist the Spec Pond Recreational Complex by enhancing The Michael J. Farrell Field with the future dugout project.
With your help over the last 7 years, The
Friends of Mike Farrell have
been able to establish a memorial to “Coach Mike”, perpetuating his baseball
legacy to the next generation of ball players. The Michael J. Farrell Field,
named in his honor, has become a gem in the Spec Pond Recreation Complex behind
Post Office Park in Wilbraham. With your sustained help and generosity, we are
hoping to continue and expand our fundraising efforts to achieve our goals. As part of this year’s Hike for Mike Fundraising Campaign,there will be a raffle and one lucky winner will be selected to receive 4 tickets to a future Red Sox game! Click the links at the top of the page to get involved and help us keep Mike's legacy alive!
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped make the 2015 fundraiser a success!
Please visit the Spec Pond Recreation Complex to see how your past seven years of donations have been used toward creating a SPECtacular facility in our town! Last year donations presented to the Wilbraham Recreation Department were used to enhance two new areas at the Spec Pond Recreation Complex.
- Donations that were made in memory of Amy Lord to the Friends of Mike Farrell and the Christopher J. Burnham Memorial Fund were used as part of the new Spray Park in her memory… “Amy’s Sparkle Park”.
- In addition to the $7,500 raised in 2014 from donations made in memory of Amico “Chip” Barone, we were able to donate another $5,000 from the 2015 Hike for Mike fundraising efforts for the new batting tunnel at Farrell Field!